We work with entrepreneurs to identify objectives, create action items, develop team responsibilities and establish timelines. Together we develop an overall, top-level action plan that depicts how each strategic goal will be reached.
As part of developing an action plan, we assist the entrepreneur –
- Review current practices
- Develop policies and programs
- Devise evaluation strategies
- Allocate responsibility, and
- Develop communication strategies.
- Anticipate problems and outline contingency plans
Creating a powerful action plan always begins with having a clear purpose, vision or goal in mind.
An action plan has three major elements (1) Specific tasks: what will be done and by whom. (2) Time horizon: when will it be done. (3) Resource allocation: what specific resources are required for specific activities.
Creating an Action Plan involves:
- Identifying the objectives which are achievable & measurable.
- Identifying the action items needed to achieve the objectives.
- Identifying the resources needed to complete the action items.
- Identifying schedule and budget constraints.
- Prioritizing tasks effectively to meet deadlines.
Use the SCHEMES mnemonic to check that all the resource needs have been addressed..
A good action plan maps out the work process with a detailed schedule of key activities needed to accomplish the goal.