We offer these useful links for business to connect you to resources at government agencies, business organizations and non-profits who support emerging businesses.
“In these challenging economic times, we could all use a little help. We believe in supporting local by supporting local business, shopping at farmer’s markets and giving back to the community. We hope these services provide visibility to business and service providers who might otherwise go overlooked”
We hope these resources help you along the way.
- Berlin42 Lab – BERLIN42 is a team of dedicated entrepreneurs based in the most awesome city in the world. We build, accelerate and connect global technology startups. When we say global startups, we mean brilliant, passionate entrepreneurs with a bold, non-trivial idea who tackle a global problem and address a global market.
StartupBootcamp Berlin – Startupbootcamp (or “SBC”) is a three month business startup acceleration program that runs quarterly during the year for startups, entrepreneurs and small businesses across Europe to get ready for funding, launching and scaling to European and global markets.
- Business Directory
- Start Up Camp Berlin – Berlin’s startup conference where aspiring entrepreneurs, experienced entrepreneurs, investors and experts meet. Mar 15-16, 2013
- Tech Grow Summit – The Tech Growth Summit focuses on the top 25 growth-stage ICT companies in Europe. It brings together a unique group of CEOs who are changing the world with CEOs who will changed the world. Apr 11, 2013
- Next Berlin – The 12 finalists have already been chosen for this event and will pitch live on stage to a panel of digital luminaries. Worth going along to see how it’s done. Apr 23-24, 2013
- Betapitch – 10 teams will be chosen to present their idea at Betahaus, with a panel of experts choosing a winner. Applications are open until midnight 27 April.
- re:publica – Special “Start-up area” complete with presentation zone, allowing you to present to some of the 4,000 visitors. May 2-4, 2013
- Start Up Weekend Berlin – With only 60 seconds to pitch you need to be fast and have a great hook. Practise your pitch using a timer! May 4-6, 2013
- Heureka! Conference – Speed-pitching area. Another quick-fire opportunity to showcase your talents to some of Europe’s most influential VCs. Use your five minutes wisely. May 7, 2013
- Seedcamp Berlin – A favorite European micro-stage investment and mentoring program that offers a standard €50,000 for 8-10% equity. May 13, 2013
- Startupbootcamp Berlin – Get mentorship, €15,000 funding and mentorship from founders of Gidsy, Soundcloud and Wooga among others. May 15, 2013
- BizSpark European Summit 2013, Microsoft’s brings together a mix of startups, investors, media and political representatives from across the region. July 4, 2013
- Social Media Week Berlin – Germany’s largest FREE web conference, Social Media Week is a bi-annual global conference with the aim to promote and explore the latest developments in social media in relation to business, government, and nonprofit sectors. Sept 23-27, 2013
- Disrupt Europe 2013 – TechCrunch will be bringing Disrupt to Berlin to reveal an all new slate of outstanding startups, influential speakers, guests, and more to the stage. October 26 – 29, 2013
- Mercury Toastmasters – English speaking chapter of Toastmasters in Berlin.
- Factory Berlin – A 16,000 square meter campus for startups and mature technology companies in Berlin.
Found Fair Ventures – FOUND FAIR is a co-founder of online startups. We follow ventures from idea to exit with intense hands-on support, experience and network.
German Startups Group – German Startups Group is a venture capital provider that backs startups from Berlin’s “Silicon Allee” and from around Germany. In accordance with the statement “smart, fast, and friendly money”, German Startups Group fills the gap between business angels and traditional VC investors.
hub:raum – hub:raum is a startup incubator run by Deutsche Telekom.
Team Europe Management – We are a group of successful Internet Entrepreneurs. The companies founded by Team Europe have created hundreds of jobs in the last years and have received many industry awards.
- Welcome Investment – We are the platform where startups, investors and service providers get together to collaborate in new ways. We have tried hard to respect every need you might have while building a startup, and we have tailored workflows to match a startup’s, an investor’s, or a service provider’s traditional way of operation with innovative new approaches. Find your partners efficiently from a pool of the best, make deals, and grow.
- You is Now – The Scout24 group’s startup incubator. Startups receive financial support and office space as well as access to mentors and the expertise and infrastructure of Immobilienscout24.
- 6 tools to find your way through the Berlin Startup-Scene
- Berlin Start Up Guide
- Silicon Allee – Silicon Allee was started by a couple of expatriate Berlin-based entrepreneurs. We spent a lot of 2010 in Silicon Valley. If you’ve experienced both the American start up scene and the German start up scene, you know that they couldn’t possibly be more different.
- Startup Digest Berlin – The best technology and startup events in Berlin curated by StartupDigest.
- Tech Crunch Europe – TechCrunch is a leading technology media property, dedicated to obsessively profiling startups, reviewing new Internet products, and breaking tech news.
- Venture Village – VentureVillage is the most entertaining news outlet for digital innovation in Europe, reporting on the hottest start-up hubs across the continent.
- Why Berlin’s startup scene is growing
- BNI – Berlin Bulls (English-Speaking) – Berlin Bulls offers members the opportunity to share ideas, contacts and most importantly, business referrals. Being a member of Berlin Bulls is like having sales people working for you every day who market your product or service. Berlin Bulls’ sole purpose is to provide a structured environment for the development and exchange of quality business referrals. If referrals are an important part of your business, then Berlin Bulls is the place for you.
- Germany – Cultural Etiquette – Germans value order, privacy and punctuality. They are thrifty, hard working and industrious. Germans respect perfectionism in all areas of business and private life. In Germany, there is a sense of community and social conscience and strong desire for belonging. To admit inadequacy — even in jest — is incomprehensible.
- Berlin Startup Scene – Overview of Berlin start scene as of 6/12
- hy! Berlin Startup Competition – €100,000 in prizes and a trip to Silicon Valley
- Mapping out the Berlin StartUp scene. Finding the substance in the hype
- Why Berlin’s startup scene is growing
Shared Office Space
- Betahaus – betahaus is a coworking space for creative minds – Kreuzberg
- ÏMA Design Village – Ten thousand square meters of creatively charged space—ÏMA Design Village is home to bustling, engaged endeavors, from studios to events, a hotel to showrooms. – Kreuzberg
- Executive Coach Berlin – Executive Coaching and Business Consulting. We recognize that it takes much more than financial support to get a company off the ground, thus we provide assistance in every aspect along the way allowing you to develop and grow a profitable business.
- Free Business Services in Berlin Germany
- Internet Marketing and Communication Strategies Berlin
- Start Up Berlin – Start-up Berlin is part of Berlin’s vibrant, creative, and cooperative international start-up community. Using English as the common language we help start-ups start up! We do this by providing a bridge between the existing start-up infrastructure and prospective international founders, helping to break down language, cultural, legal, financial, technical, and other barriers to entry, making information more available, services more accessible, and doing business more efficient.
Webworker Berlin -“Webworker Berlin” provides a startup service, coworking space, crowdfunding and more to support young startup companies in Berlin.
- Berlin Start Ups on Facebook – This is a community-driven group for the Berlin start-up scene.
- Cafe Nest – The Nest is located in the middle of Berlin Kreuzberg nearby the Görlitzer Park around the Wrangelkiez. 4 minutes to walk from the subway station Schlesisches Tor [U1].
- Entrepreneurs Club Berlin – The Entrepreneurs Club Berlin was launched as a startup network of founders for founders in Berlin.
- Meetup – Start Up Berlin – Start-up Berlin’ is an English language networking group for people who are part of or plan to join Berlin´s vibrant start-up scene. Members of our community can connect with a growing database of like minded types.
- Milch & Zucker – Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg, this area is only separated by the Spree! Nowhere else in Berlin you can find this lively and authenticate atmosphere, that’s why we love this neighborhood!
BVP Berlin Venture Partners – We invest in young innovative companies and support and promote for years their successful development. Our portfolio companies benefit from our extensive network of contacts and our expertise in building, the development and sale of businesses.
- Hasso Plattner Ventures – HPV currently manages 2 funds of over 150m Euro. HPV I started in 2005 with 50m Euro, mainly invested by Prof. Plattner, focusing on early stage software companies in Germany, Switzerland and Austria.
- Make a Start Up Angel Fund – MAS Angel Fund invests in and helps grow awesome tech startup companies. MAS Angel Fund is led by the Berlin based Entrepreneur and Business Angel, Benjamin Rohé. We are NOT your ordinary company builder or VC firm.
Point Nine Capital – Berlin based Angel Venture Capital.